Welcome to My Diary


My name is McKenzie Stewart. I am Married to a wonderful man and currently live in Florida. I have had 9 miscarriages and no children.


I have started this blog for 2 reasons. One being for others. I try not to tell everyone that I'm pregnant, but when I have to go on bed rest and suddenly I'm absent in the world, a few people have to find out. I try to keep the pity after a miscarriage to a minimum by staying positive, but I know there are lots of questions and gaps to be filled in.


And the most important reason I started this blog is for me. This is my escape and my therapy. This is personal and I put everything out there. My life is filled with blessings and happiness but it would be a lie to say that these miscarriages haven't made a significant impact in my life.


All the feelings that I've kept inside are now out.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Miscarriage #9

In a way I feel relieved. And not in the way one may think. I want a baby more than anything, and if it were my choice, I would still be pregnant. But now there is no more worrying.

No more getting up to pee, scared, hoping not to find blood

No more analyzing every small pain or cramp wondering if I should call my doctor

No more wondering if my dog just hurt my belly by jumping on my lap

No more worrying that I moved to fast and killed my own baby

No more ridiculous cravings

No more bed rest

No more feeling guilty for doing absolutely nothing around the house

No more adding to my husband's work load

No more people telling me I have to have hope, or it will happen this time

No more trying to hide the fact that I'm pregnant while being on full bed rest

No more wondering if today will be the day it will happen

No more wondering if I feel it coming

No more worrying when I feel too good

No more "I can't do that"s

No more telling the twins I can't play with them or hold them

No more restrictions

No more wheelchairs

No more lectures

No more wondering when I'll have to disappoint everybody again

No more being sad for no reason

No more wondering if this will be the one, and should I have hope?

No more just wishing, more than anything, to know will I have a baby at the end of this?

No more pity

No more worrying


The baby hasn't come yet but he's on his way. I will probably experience different emotions when that happens. My hubby is home and sleeping. He's so peaceful, I don't want to disrupt that. I need to be strong so that he knows I'm okay before he goes to work. Worrying won't help anything.

Time to have a baby.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Mckenzie. I can't imagine the feelings that you must be feeling. I had 2 miscarriages and that in no way compares. I know you will help others that will go through similar experiences by voicing your story.

    Sending love your way:)

    Chelsea Bishop

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so such a strong woman McKenzie! God must have a plan for you and one day he will bless you and your husband with a baby! Stay positive, hopeful and keep your faith in God strong! Whether it be now or in the future, with or without the help of doctors, your own or an adopted child, you WILL experience the blessing of having children! My prayers are with you and your husband! :D

    ReplyDelete