Welcome to My Diary


My name is McKenzie Stewart. I am Married to a wonderful man and currently live in Florida. I have had 9 miscarriages and no children.


I have started this blog for 2 reasons. One being for others. I try not to tell everyone that I'm pregnant, but when I have to go on bed rest and suddenly I'm absent in the world, a few people have to find out. I try to keep the pity after a miscarriage to a minimum by staying positive, but I know there are lots of questions and gaps to be filled in.


And the most important reason I started this blog is for me. This is my escape and my therapy. This is personal and I put everything out there. My life is filled with blessings and happiness but it would be a lie to say that these miscarriages haven't made a significant impact in my life.


All the feelings that I've kept inside are now out.

Friday, November 23, 2012

Time to loose the Baby (and Thanksgiving) weight

After 3 thanksgiving meals and a miscarriage, it's time to start loosing the baby weight. Somehow, this baby must have weighed 25 lbs. Which would explain the pain that came with the miscarriage. Now I have to loose the weight I gained, plus some please.

I've been through this before. Loosing weight is hard. Loosing baby weight is harder. Loosing baby weight without the baby, feels like the hardest. I still have nesting and mothering insticts. I always do really. The pregnancy just amplified them. More than anything, I want to hold my baby and rock him in my rocking chair or push him in a jogging stroller. And thats all I can think about when I run after a miscarriage. I long for the feeling of that stroller as I jog. I've been tempted to buy a jogging stroller and run with an empty stroller or throw one of my dogs in there. It's an unexplainable but completely consuming urge that is impossible to shake.

But I continue to run through the tears. I need to be healthy for the next baby.


I am so grateful to my sexy running partner, my hubby, Ben. I have a lot of catching up to do. We have an "Easy Run" 3 times a week, which is easy for him, but hard for me. He runs at my level for me. Then we have a hard run 1-2 times a week where I ride my bike and still struggle to keep pace with Ben as he runs. Any remaining days we do strength training or yoga. 

Ben is helping me get healthy. He is always there for me. He lightens my load and helps me through trials. I sure do love that boy.


Tomorrow's Post: "It's Time"

No comments:

Post a Comment